If you call Goldberg with an emergency, knowing as much as possible about your home systems will help us assist you in the most effective and efficient manner we can.
The goal is to minimize any damage from the outset.
Basic Check List
Don’t know if you have Town Water or a Private Well? If you don’t know we can answer the question this way:
- If your water comes in from the street, you have a water meter and you pay a monthly bill, you have town water.
- If you have a pump and a tank, most likely in your basement, you have a well.
If you have a well:
- Is pump and tank are in the basement or
- Is it there just a tank and the pump is nowhere in site
What type of hot water system do you have?
- Water heater, usually a tank
- If you have a separate heater, where does the energy come from, oil, gas, electric, or from the boiler (indirect)
- If no tank, you may get your water from a coil in the “boiler”
What type of heating system do you have?
- Boiler with Hot Water Baseboard
- Boiler with RadiatorsM
- Boiler with Hydro-Air
- Steam with Radiators (or baseboard)
- Oil or Gas?
Are you on sewer or septic?
- Town sewers usually have a monthly bill. Private septic requires pumping on a regular basis